8 Sheptytskyi Square, Ivano-Frankivsk city
GPS coordinates: 48.923753 24.709067
Giving to Stanislaviv city a grant (modern Ivano-Frankivsk) of Magdeburg rights in 1662, its owners - the Pototski family, first, in addition to fortifications, wanted to build a majestic temple, which also had to become a family burial ground. First, the Blessed Virgin Mary, St. Andrew, St. Stanislav and St. Anna wooden Church was built (the exact date is unknown). In 1669, A. Pototski achieved the upgrading of a wooden Church to the collegium rank.
The stone Church was built during 1672-1703. Francois Corrasini is considered an architect. More than one generation of Pototski family worked on the grandeur of the temple (the building of shrine began under the reign of Andrzej Pototski, his son Stanislav brought the miraculous relics of St. Vincent to the temple, and his second son Józef, already had completed the exterior and interior of the Church).
In 1721-1737, in the Lviv workshop of Bavarians Thomas Goodder and Kondrat Kuchenraiter, magnificent altars were made (destroyed by Soviet power in the mid-20th century).
The temple was serving mesas, until the Soviet power come, after World War II. In 1966, the museum of the Oil and Gas Institute was opened here. Since 1980 until now, an Art Museum of Prykarpattia (until 2012 - the Ivano-Frankivsk Regional Art Museum) is situated in the building of the former Church. The examples of Halychyna iconography, Goodder and Pinsel baroque sculpture, works of the Western Ukrainian classics painting, as well as the works of Polish, Austrian, German and Italian masters of the 18th-20th centuries, are presented here.
In 2013, due to an n International charitable foundation estimation "Ukraine 3000" and the Ukrainian Center for Museum Development, within the framework of the eighth Ukraine-wide action "Museum event of the year", the Carpathian Art Museum had won first place in the nomination "Best Museum event of 2012", for organizing exhibition "John Georg Pinsel. Ukrainian Baroque Sculpture of 18th century" at the Louvre museum (Paris, France) November 22, 2012 - February 25, 2013.
On the June 21, 2013, the Descent of the Holy Spirit Church in Rohatyn (branch of the Art Museum of Prykarpattia), at the 37th session of UNESCO World Heritage Committee in Cambodia, as a part of the nomination "Wooden churches of the Carpathian region in Poland and Ukraine" unanimously was inscribed to the UNESCO World Heritage List.
An architectural monument of national significance.